We landed in Detroit, MI at 2 PM, ready to conquer the world—or at least the local food scene. We snagged a ride via TURO, which is like Airbnb for cars, but with fewer awkward conversations. The owner’s dropping off the car at the airport, making it more convenient than a pizza delivery, and way cheaper than those big rental companies that charge you for breathing their air. It all went smooth as silk until we tried to get out of the parking lot and found ourselves going around in circles before finally finding the opening that spit us out onto the road.
Once we hopped into our chariot, we zoomed off to our cozy abode in Dexter, just outside of Ann Arbor, where we’ll be crashing for the next 9 nights. After unpacking, dinner became our top priority—because let’s be honest, our stomachs were staging a protest after a day of minimal munching.
Since we are on a food journey, I thought I would end each day with "food for thought" based on a few names of God.
Food for Thought:
El Elyon, a beautiful Hebrew name for God, means "God Most High." It appears first in Genesis 14, during the remarkable meeting between Abraham and Melchizedek. This name embodies God’s ultimate sovereignty, showcasing His supremacy over all other gods, and His position as the possessor of heaven and earth. El Elyon means there is no power, no person, no authority, no circumstance sitting above God's throne; not the four kings Abram defeated, not Satan who tried to seize the title for himself, not whoever currently holds power over your situation.
Take a few minutes to think on these scriptures:
Psalm 9:1-2 "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."
Psalm 91:1-2 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty (what an amazing promise!). I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'" Psalm 91 puts two names side by side. El Elyon is the name that makes you tremble at his greatness, El Shaddai is the name that lets you rest underneath it.
Revelation 4:1-3 "After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, 'Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.' At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne. And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald."
After reading this scripture I immediately wanted to grab my art supplies and paint a door that opened to a throne, with all the colors of the stones and the emerald rainbow.
He is the one who blesses and redeems and in whom we rest—how gloriously beautiful that is!








Another great adventure! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder of His greatness. Because of Him I can rejoice regardless of circumstances. Praying ya have a wonderful time. ❤️
ReplyDeleteI would be waddling home at the end of a bake-cation. Can’t wait to see what you make.
ReplyDeleteI do love the term bake-cation. Enjoy the cooking and eating all that good food.
ReplyDeleteVicki
Happy birthday! Enjoy! Karen
ReplyDeleteOh My! That Ruben had to have been sooooooo good! Looking forward to the Names of God comments. Have fun you two. - CJ
ReplyDelete