In summary, it was a marathon of a drive, but the weather was perfection and the views were nothing short of breathtaking. Now, we're heading to dreamland, with a sprinkle of short hikes in the woods dancing in our heads for tomorrow!
Food for Thought
El Shaddai, the Lord God Almighty, shows up at those crucial moments in the Bible when human strength just can't cut it anymore. Take Abraham, for instance—God reveals Himself as El Shaddai to solidify an unbelievable covenant, turning an elderly, childless couple into the parents of a whole nation! It’s a beautiful reminder that God holds the ultimate power to fulfill His promises, no matter how tough the situation looks.
Genesis 17:1-4 "When Abram was ninety-nine years old the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, 'I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless, that I may make my covenant between me and you, and may multiply you greatly.' Then Abram fell on his face. And God said to him, 'Behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be the father of a multitude of nations.'"
The Hebrew root of "Shaddai" has rich meanings, from the strength of a mountain to the nurturing care of a mother. While we often focus on His "Almighty" side, remember that El Shaddai also embodies the God who is "all-sufficient," the ultimate source that meets every need. Sometimes, God waits until we’ve exhausted all our resources to show us just how powerful He really is. When we let go of trying to fix everything ourselves (why do we do that?), we open the door for the All-Sufficient One to step in.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Having faith doesn’t mean you won’t face struggles; it means you keep bringing those struggles to God. May our journey through those tough times lead us to a fresh encounter with His name (Almighty, All-Sufficient One) that we cherish forever.



































The colors are amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteThe three river pictures after the little red car are pure beauty. I can imagine it feeling warm but not hot, birds singing, bees and insects buzzing getting ready for winter and utterly devoid of all manmade noises. After gazing and listening for a while the sigh comes that says we have to go back. We can't stay here now, but one day we will linger a little longer...
ReplyDeleteThank you for the beautiful respite traveling with you through such glory.
What a great day to enjoy all the beauty, trees, water, and colors! I really like the leaf picture. AND you like lighthouses!!! Thank you for the beautiful reminder that The Almighty, All-Sufficient One is always with me.
ReplyDelete